IDM PROGRAM PARTICIPATION TERMS & CONDITIONS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & AGREEMENT
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Intensive Dietary Management (“IDM”)! Before you participate in the IDM Program, it is important that you read, understand and agree to the following that describes the purposes, risks and benefits of the Program.
Introduction and Purpose:
This Program uses an intensive form of dietary therapy called fasting (which involves abstaining from food for a certain prescribed period of time). The hope is that this can be an effective form of dietary therapy and improve health conditions for some individuals.
Your participation is entirely voluntary and at your own choice. You can choose to not participate at any time.
This Program may not be suitable for everyone. By participating, you agree that:
- You have consulted with and obtained consent from your physician to participate in the Program, and your physician has determined that it is medically safe for you to do so; and
- You will continue to meet and consult with your physician regularly throughout your participation in the Program, including in relation to: obtaining regular medical exams (with blood and urine tests as necessary to avoid low or high blood sugar), and regular advice relating to any medication, treatment, or physical exercise needs.
You also acknowledge and agree that IDM is not a medically supervised Program, and that you and your physician are in all instances responsible for your own medical care, direction and advice. In particular:
- The Program is facilitated by IDM staff (including independent contractors and agents acting on IDM’s behalf). These staff members are not medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists or regulated health professionals. They cannot give medical advice, diagnose, treat or evaluate medical conditions, interpret medical results, or issue or change prescriptions. They may give you dietary information.
- Nothing obtained through our website (idmprogram.com), IDM staff or representatives shall be interpreted as a substitute for medical advice. IDM does not endorse any specific tests, products, or procedures.
- You are aware that your participation in the Program does not replace the need for regular medical exams or consultations. Medical monitoring is especially important for people with a known or pre-existing medical condition. During and after completion of the Program, you agree to continue medical care with your regular physician.
- In the event that you have any issues or question about the Program and its impact on your health, you agree to consult with your physician immediately before proceeding.
- Especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, electrolytes, blood counts and urinary tests should be monitored to ensure your safe use of the Program by your physician.
Risks of Participating in the Program:
Like other forms of dietary therapy, there are risks of participating in the Program. These include, but are not limited to:
- Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia) – For certain individuals, during the intensive period of the dietary therapy, your need for medications and/or insulin may be reduced. You will need to be closely monitored by your physician for the occurrence of low or high blood sugar levels. If you develop low blood sugar, you should immediately take steps to correct the situation even if it means breaking the fasting period. In all respects, you must seek the medical advice of your physician. Program can only provide you with dietary information.
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) – During the intensive period of the dietary therapy, it is possible that your blood pressure may be reduced and especially if you are taking blood pressure medications, you may feel dizzy or faint. You need to be closely monitored for this occurrence by your physician. If you develop any of these symptoms, you should report them to your doctor immediately.
- Inter-current Illness – If you become sick for any reason, it is expected that you will immediately stop the dietary protocol and seek medical advice from your physician. Feelings of persistent nausea, vomiting, feelings of unwellness or fatigue are NOT NORMAL and not part of the Program.
There may also be other serious risks to participating, depending on your personal health status, condition or medical needs. Please consult with your physician before and during any participation in the Program.
Waiver, Release and Indemnification:
I hereby waive, release and forever discharge the officers, directors, members, representatives, successors and assigns of Intensive Dietary Management Inc. and Intensive Dietary Management Inc. (collectively, “Releasees”), from any and all actions, causes of action, damages, lawsuits, claims, demands, costs and expenses and any other liability for injuries, damages or any kind whatsoever, whether in law or in equity (collectively, “Claims”) resulting directly or indirectly from my participation in the Program. I further agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Releasees from any and all Claims which hereinafter may be brought or made against the Releasees for any damage or personal injury, including illness or death, to any third party or myself, resulting directly or indirectly from my participation in the Program offered by or associated with the Releasees. I understand and agree that the Releasees shall assume no responsibility or liability for me for accident, illness or damage resulting from my participation in the Program.
By clicking Accept, I agree that I have fully read, understood and consent to the risks, terms and conditions of participating in the Program.
With full knowledge of the foregoing, I agree to participate in the Program at my own risk. I agree to seek regular medical advice from my physician at all times during my participation in the Program.
Intensive Dietary Management stores and uses Personal Information (as defined below) in order to provide You with good service. We will never sell Your Personal Information, and will only share it with third parties as described below.
Intensive Dietary Management is committed to ensuring the security of customer Personal Information in order to protect it from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, collection, use, alteration or disclosure. Intensive Dietary Management has put reasonable physical, organizational, and technological security measures in place for Personal Information, whether in paper, mechanical, electronic or other form, to ensure the security of this information. However, We cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use Your Personal Information for improper purposes.
The Personal Information We Store
“Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify, locate or contact You or could reasonably be used to identify, locate or contact You and which is submitted to and/or collected by Intensive Dietary Management and maintained by Intensive Dietary Management in an accessible form, in the course of Our commercial activities. When You use Our services, We may collect the following Personal Information:
(a) Comments, ratings, favorites, questions and similar information
When You submit information to Intensive Dietary Management to comment on posts and articles, rate a recipe or video, answer a question, or mark content as favorite or to watch later, the internet address You are using will be stored in addition to the information You are entering.
(b) Member information
A member’s name, email address and internet address used when ordering a membership will be stored. We also store data on Your order and how members use the site (video views, ratings, last visit etc.).
Your stored Personal Information and order information are displayed on Your My Account page once You have become a member.
We also store Your answers to surveys You may reply to via email or on Intensive Dietary Management.
(c) Access logs
Intensive Dietary Management stores standard access logs of all visits to the site. This includes access time, URL, internet address, and browser information.
Some cookies are stored on Your computer until You delete them. It You want to avoid storing cookies, You can turn off the feature in Your web browser. However, this may negatively impact Your user experience (for example, You will not be able to log in or register as a member).
Our publishing system WordPress may store a number of temporary or permanent cookies to enable logging in and to facilitate entry of comments on the site. We also store temporary cookies when You register and pay for membership.
In the context of Your customer relationship with Intensive Dietary Management, We collect and may use Personal Information that is reasonably necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- Customer Service: to contact You about important service announcements and updates regarding Our websites, products or services, or to fulfill orders for products or services, for the provisioning of service, for customer inquiries and the resolution of problems associated with service, for informational type directory services and for other services related to Your order;
- Research:to carry out research and analysis and monitor customer use of Our network and products and services on an anonymous or personalised basis to identify general consumer trends and to understand better Our customers’ behaviours and partner with other businesses to create new services and to develop interesting and relevant products and services for Our customers, as well as personalise the products and services We offer You;
- Communications: where We have the appropriate permissions, to inform You of new products or services that will enhance Intensive Dietary Management’s ability to provide service to You;
- Managing Our Business Needs: such as billing, payment processing and financial account management, product development, product safety, contract management, Website administration, web-forum management, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, prevention or detection of fraud, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance;
- Compliance with Applicable Laws: to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, to comply with a subpoena or court order, or to comply with the rules of court regarding the production of records;
- Security: to ensure the security and processing of Your Personal Information.
Intensive Dietary Management retains Personal Information it collects only as long as it is necessary to completely fulfill Our Services.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
Directly from You: We collect Personal Information directly from You. We will ask You for Personal Information when You interact with Us, such as when You register on Our websites, sign up to receive a newsletter, or make a purchase.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
In general, Intensive Dietary Management will not share Your details with any third party unless required to do so by law.
However, We may share Your Personal Information with Our service providers, sub-contractors and agents in order to process Your transactions and to manage the client relationship.
We may disclose Your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that We outsource certain operational processes.
The exception is third-party providers Intensive Dietary Management uses to provide Our services.
Below is a list of the third-party providers Intensive Dietary Management uses and what information these have access to:
(a) Akismet anti-spam service
Intensive Dietary Management shares information about all blog comments to help avoid comment spam.
(b) Braintree and PayPal
Intensive Dietary Management uses Braintree, Stripe and PayPal to process payments. When You pay, the information required to process the payment is handled by Our payment-service providers Braintree, Stripe, or PayPal (if selected).
Intensive Dietary Management uses content delivery services to speed up access to the site. As requests to Intensive Dietary Management pass through these services they will get standard access information for each request sent.
(d) Google Analytics
Intensive Dietary Management uses Google Analytics to help Us understand how Our Website is used. As a result, Google Analytics stores cookies on Our site.
Intensive Dietary Management uses MailChimp to send Our newsletters and some other e-mails (such as for the 2-week challenge). For those who are signed up to the newsletters MailChimp will store e-mail information, and information about how You interact with individual e-mails (like open and click rates).
(f) Sharing buttons and widgets for Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
Intensive Dietary Management uses social-media technology to allow You to share Intensive Dietary Management content. These services use their own third-party cookies.
(g) Vimeo and YouTube
Intensive Dietary Management uses video services (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.) that store their own third-party cookies.
The Right to Request and Modify Personal Information
You have a right to access, correct or delete Your Personal Information in Intensive Dietary Management’s custody or control, subject to limited exceptions. A request to access Personal Information must be made in writing to Megan Ramos [, Our Privacy Officer,] at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We may require You to provide verification of Your identity to provide a copy of the information We hold.
In some circumstances, We may not be able to provide access to Your Personal Information, for example if it contains the Personal Information of other persons, if it constitutes confidential commercial information, or if it is protected by solicitor-client privilege. If We deny Your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct, Your Personal Information, We will advise You of the reasons for this refusal.
Responding to Your Email Inquiries and Contacting You by Email
When visitors or members send email inquiries to Intensive Dietary Management, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry We receive. We do not share the return email address with any third party.
With Your consent (which You may provide below), We may send You commercial electronic messages to the email address You provided, including newsletters, information about Our products and services, and other information and news that We believe may be of interest to You. If You no longer desire to receive these communications, You have the option to withdraw Your consent to receive future communications at any time.
I consent to receiving commercial electronic messages from Intensive Dietary Management and understand that I may withdraw my consent at any time using the following link: Unsubscribe.
If You have questions please feel to contact Us at email@example.com.